Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Stud finders?

On Mon, 12 Aug 2019 15:44:35 +0100, John Rumm
wrote:

On 12/08/2019 15:00, T i m wrote:
Can anyone recommend a good (as in reliable / predictable) / VFM stud
finder please, generally just for looking for wood (or metal I guess)
studs behind plasterboard, although if it did more and that didn't
distract from my primary need / it's ability ... or make it much more
expensive that could be ok.

SNIP

Have a look at the Zircon ones, they usually work well.

Noted, thanks.

Having said that
a strong magnet salvaged from an old hard drive will usually find the
nails fixing the board to the stud quite well.

Ooo, I like that and have a mounted Neodymium magnet that I can find
(because it's stuck underneath a shelf though some bubble pack and a
Jiffy bag). ;-)

I just hope it doesn't pull the nails out tough the plasterboard. ;-)

Cheers, T i m