*CBHVAC*

Default Rusted mower deck, Need ideas on repair

Real simple answer...

You dont repair it.

Just what I would want to have collapse on me while on a hillside, or near
my car....or my kid....or me....
A blade on an engine thats gonna run for a few seconds till it rips it self
loose or stalls...all the while, with no support from the rest of the rusted
deck...

In plain English...while it sounds like a good idea, its really stupid and
dangerous.
If its rusted out completely on one part...imagine the rust where you cant
see it yet.

"Al Kondo" wrote in message
I have a 5 year old mower that I purchased from K Mart. It has a B &
S engine that still runs great. The problem is that a part of the
deck has rusted through. It is about a 9" portion of the "well" of
the deck. I feel that it can easily function with a little support
and patching. Out of curiosity, I called the company and found out
that a replacement deck would cost $125. I believe I paid about $200
for the mower.

As a handy guy, I would like some ideas on how to go about patching
the rusted portion of the deck. I would like to know what I should
use to patch it and where I can get it from I plan to use rivets
or screws to attach the metal patch.

Al Kondo