Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Howie[_3_] Brian Howie[_3_] is offline

Default drills for stainless steel

On 11/08/2019 19:51, Brian Gaff wrote:
Yes, what are the holes used for? If its just breaching the material, then
you could cut slots.
Brian

Hi Brian,

It's a boom for a ham radio antenna. I need holes.
The holes are on both sides to support the insulated elements. I need
the pilot holes on one side to make sure everything is in line before
using the pillar drill. I'm using a small hobbyist power drill to do the
pilot holes ;it struggles a bit.

The material is 15mm BS4127 Stainless Steel Permatube. I've a few
surplus 3m lengths. Normally I'd use aluminium, but I thought I'd try
this as it's a bit stronger for the wall thickness.

Brian

--
Brian

---