Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Biden Spokesman Doubles Down After Getting Called Out ForCharlottesville Disinformation

On Sunday, August 11, 2019 at 3:31:21 PM UTC-4, Tekkie® wrote:
posted for all of us...

On Sat, 10 Aug 2019 11:59:41 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

On Saturday, August 10, 2019 at 1:06:41 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Sat, 10 Aug 2019 06:37:58 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

On Saturday, August 10, 2019 at 12:17:31 AM UTC-4, Home Guy wrote:
trader_4 wrote:

It's not a lie, it's pretty much what Trump said. Speaking about what
went on with the protests and riots in Charlottesville, Trump said
that there were "very fine people on both sides".

The following (below) is from he

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php...id=8 94934372

===============
I think the problem here is that the positioning of the "very fine
people on both sides" quote implies that Trump considered the Nazis and
white supremacists to be "very fine people", which is not what he was
saying. I think any reasonable reading of the above RSs and the
transcript will show that the point Trump was making was as follows:
tl;dr Trump says: Very not fine people, to blame, should be condemned:
White nationalists/neo-Nazis, violent alt-left. Very fine people, not to
blame: People on the right there to peacefully protest the taking down
of the statue, people on the left there to peacefully protest.

I think this can be clarified even without adding new content; just
reordering the existing text could do a lot. -- Ununseti (talk) 00:39,
21 March 2019 (UTC)

Comment - the sudden increase in editors attempting to "correct" this
quote is likely related to Joel Pollock's segment on Breitbart News
Tonight this past Monday, 18 March 2019 ([5]). EvergreenFir (talk)
05:38, 21 March 2019 (UTC)
It has also been discussed recently in Scott Adams' podcast. From the
transcript of Trump's statement, it is clear the "very fine people"
referred explicitly to the opposing sides of the monument debate. The
full quote is "But you also had people that were very fine people on
both sides. You had people in that group ? excuse me, excuse me. I saw
the same pictures as you did. You had people in that group that were
there to protest the taking down, of to them, a very, very important
statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name."
Trump clarifies it a few sentences later when he says "I'm not talking
about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists, because they should be
condemned totally." The article, at present, does not do a good job of
clarifying this point, and in fact somewhat misleads the reader. Mr
Ernie (talk) 09:18, 21 March 2019 (UTC)
===============

That section (above) is from an archive of the talk page of the
Wikipedia "Unite the Right rally".

Trump's exact comment appears to be this:

"But you also had people that were very fine people on both
sides. You had people in that group ? excuse me, excuse me.
I saw the same pictures as you did. You had people in that
group that were there to protest the taking down, of to
them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a
park from Robert E. Lee to another name."

What many people don't seem to realize is that a big part of what was
going on back then was statue-removal, and the "fine people on both
sides" was referring to the debate surrounding the removal (or keeping)
those statues.

No, what YOU and people like you don't realize is that this is pure BS.
Actually, you probably do realize it, but you admitted the other day that
you are a racist, so your motive here is obvious. Did you even bother to
read the article I provided? Were those anti-Semitic chants about a
statute? Were those heil Hitler salutes about Robert E Lee? Did these
scum stand bearing rifles outside a synagogue because of a statute?
Just how stupid do you think people are? The KKK, neo-Nazis, David Duke,
Richard Spencer, David Kessler, are not very fine people. And no decent,
fine people would ever join their white supremacist rally. It really is
that simple. So, stop with the Trump and trumptard lies that this was
about a rally with very fine people about a statute.

You have the same problem as most north easterners. You assume anyone
who wants to preserve any hint of southern culture must be a skin head
nazi racist.

That is one outrageous lie, but not unexpected. I never said anything like
that, I never made any assumptions. All I did was look at the FACTS.
AGain, this was not a protest
about a statute. It wasn't organized by locals, wasn't organized by the
some Confederate history group. It was organized by two despicable white
nationalists. It wasn't called the Robert E Lee statute rally, it was
called "Unite the Right". And the right representing was KKK, neo-Nazis,
David Duke, and similar ilk. Again, they were standing outside a SYNAGOGUE
brandishing arms, on a Sat as Jews were inside worshiping. What's next?
Are you going to tell us they were just confused and thought Robert E Lee
was in there? They were carrying torches and chanting anti-Semitic slogans
as they marched across the U of VA campus. Those are the "very fine people".

The only "Facts" you know was shot through a lens of a TV station with
an agenda, to pump ratings. Nobody wants to see peaceful protesters.

Remember if it wasn't for that new england sea faring culture and the
desire for cheap cotton to feed their mills, we would not have had
slaves here in the first place. Maybe we should march through new
england tearing down all of those sailor memorials.

You also need to remember Robert E Lee

You need to learn what this rally really was and that it was not about
Robert E Lee. Like I said, I suppose if in Nazi Germany there was a
march that was supposed to be about some new national holiday issue
and it was organized by Herman Goering and Eichmann, attended by Nazis
giving Hitler salutes and chanting about Jews, that would just be a march
of very fine people concerned about a holiday.

See above. Nobody would tune in if they just showed the other people
there. It is better to incite division. Conflict sells beer on TV

... or maybe you think everything on TV is real.

If it bleeds, it leads.

--
Tekkie

Sure, always has. And in this case, there was plenty of bleeding in evidence
before anyone even showed up, plenty for the media to report. Like that
it was not a "Save the Statue" rally. It was billed as a Unite the Right
rally. Organized by two white supremacists, with neo-Nazis, the KKK and
David Duke. The locals, the state, did not want it, they did everything
they could to block it, they were sued in court and the white supremacists
won. Plenty to report there. Then you had torch carrying Nazis marching
across the U of VA campus, shouting anti-Semitic slogans. You had these
pond scum armed with rifles, intimidating Jews inside a synagogue. You
sure don't see that every day, so plenty to report there. The only thing
that wasn't reported were the "very fine people" marching there with them.
Not because of the reporters, but because there were no very fine people,
no decent people would ever be a part of that in any way, shape or form.

Thank you for another Donald Trump teaching moment.