Posted to uk.d-i-y
jleikppkywk jleikppkywk is offline

Default Garden shredders

"Adrian Caspersz" wrote in message
On 11/08/2019 11:19, Michael Chare wrote:
Anyone got any experience of electric garden shredders that can cut wood
up to 40mm diameter. Are these devices much good? There are a number of
makes any recommendations?

I haven't seen the inside of a garden shredder, but I have a paper
shredder which uses the following (but much smaller) type mechanism that's
used in this video (and a million other YT shredder vids).

Big Shredding Machines !!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzb6zDFg3WQ

Fark. I assumed it wouldnt work with the car engine, but it clearly does.

It would be interesting to see if it can manage a hydrogen gas cylinder.

If common garden shredders don't use the above, why don't they?

Not that cheap presumably and not that fast either.

Seems pretty effective at breaking things, and could be made enclosed for
safety.