Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Biden Spokesman Doubles Down After Getting Called Out ForCharlottesville Disinformation

On Sunday, August 11, 2019 at 12:07:35 PM UTC-4, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,
says...

Just like Vietnam, pretty soon we are going to have to decide enough
is enough and get out. The sooner the better.

Everything the US has been involved in after WW2 has been just something
that is getting a bunch of men killed for nothing.

The 50 million people living in freedom in South Korea would disagree.
There have also been other operations that could have resulted in many
dead, but did not and were hugely successful, eg NATO keeping Russia
out of Europe. Kuwait was a great success. So was the Balkans.

I don't think there
has ever been a real objective (outside of maybe Desert Storm)
declaired. The US should either commit everything we have outside of
the nukes or not get involved at all.

If only it were that simple. Never has been.

It took only around 5 years for the US to end WW1 and WW2. We messed in
Vietnam 5 times that and gained nothing. We are starting to be at that
point in the big sandlot of the east.

Maybe the justification for the mess is the generals get to play with
their toys and see how effective they may be if a real war was ever
started.

The problem is we are no longer fighting nations. Though Trump,
who you support, has pretty much started a new war with Iran and
that is indeed a nation, so you should be happy. We'll see how
that goes.....