Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dennis@home Dennis@home is offline

Default Windpower

On 11/08/2019 17:00, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , "dennis@home"

In article , The Natural Philosopher
wrote:
The 'best of all worlds' power is about 30% hydro 70% nuclear. 0%
renewable.

FFS. Hydro isn't a renewable now in Turnip's world. Means we are
going to
run out of water at some point. Then, power will be the least of your
worries.

There are no renewable energy sources that we know of.

Even the Sun is using up fusible elements, its just got a lot of them
to use up.
Once they all get to iron fusion will stop as the Sun doesn't get hot
enough to fuse them and can't get any energy out.

Sun won't get that far. Carbon will be its limit.

I think oxygen is the limit for a star of the suns mass.

The limit is iron for all of them as you don't get energy out after iron.

Anything heavier is novae and up.