Dan O.

Default Gibson washer won't drain.

"Dan O

So it's definitely is turning one way during
wash and the other during spin?

That's what it says in the timing chart
of the appliance's wiring diagram.

What I was asking was is it *actually* doing it? I know what it is
*suppose* to be doing according to the timing chart.

During the drain or spin cycle, it would agitate
unusually.

During spin, it should *not* agitate! The agitator should move in
unison with the tub as it spins.

The center of the tub would agitate back and forth
normally but the tub would also move in a single
direction as if wanting to spin but does so in a
stop and go fashion.

The tub may 'index' (move an inch or two) with each stroke of the
agitator when in wash mode. That is likely normal.

Whenever it decides to spin, water isn't pump out first.

If the pump is attached directly to the main drive
motor on your model, it won't.

If I understand correctly, you're suggesting maybe a
neutral drain cycle missing somewhere?

No. On Gibson washers where the pump is attached directly to the main
motor, it will spin (although slowly at first) and drain *at the same
time*. That is normal (if that's the design of washer it is - which we
can't tell without its model number).

I'll jot down the model # at my grandmother's, at next trip.

It's kind of pointless to go on with this topic until we can find out
what design of washer we're discussing.

JMO

Dan O.
-