Posted to sci.electronics.repair
John-Del[_2_] John-Del[_2_] is offline

Default Pioneer Amp Problem

On Saturday, August 10, 2019 at 1:37:06 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Hello guys i have read alot about this pioneer amp probs and seems all about same issue which is a bad design and mounting the amp inside is very weak depending on back plastic plate which make it easy to break and the whole heavy amp fall inside and causes a mess of short circuits at any unexpected vibration which happens to mine and i tried to fix it up by changing transistors many times and goes blown time after time despite the time waste by ordering those damn transistors and this stereo has a memorable time for me and my family i kept searching for a solution to bring back yo life i find this easy and very cheap instead of keep changing parts by doing this
1- disconnect the tape board ( black ribbon cable comming from main board)
2-buy 120wx2 power amp board(TPA3116D2)powered by 12v from the cable disconnected from tape
3-disconnect the grey ribbon cable from the old amp and split cables marked as RIN-FG-LIN and connect to new amp input then connect R OUT -L OUT to new amp +L +R only no negative need .
4- connect back to the old amp the cables of REF G and FAN and rest of cables keep disconnected.
Now you can bring life back to your old pioneer beast. ..
ENJOY YOUR FAVORITE OLD MUSIC

Why on God's green earth would anyone modify that hunk of garbage just to keep using it. I would be embarrassed for anyone to even see me throwing it out. Besides, I don't see how the 12V tape deck source will provide enough current to drive an output board, at least not above background level.

It may be a stupid design, but those Pioneer amps aren't hard to fix.