Stephen Tanko

Default Toilet / washing machine / high water pressure

Before I replace the flush mechanism on my toilet (which I'm planning
on doing anyway) - I thought I would throw this problem out to you
guys...just in case I'm overlooking something.

The problem is: whenever my washing machine calls for hot water, the
toilet in my master bathroom runs. I've trouble-shot this situarion
and found out that this toilet's water suppy is plumbed off the run to
the water heater (as is our 1/2 bath). The water runs in the toilet
only when the washing machine calls for hot - but no other appliance.
(I.E. - the dishwasher doesn't make it run...and normal faucet/bathtub
use doesn't either)

Because the secondary toilet doesn't run when this happens, I'm
assuming that the valve/flush mechanism in the main toilet is
bad/aging.

ANy ideas????