Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Windpower

On Sat, 10 Aug 2019 13:32:14 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Anyway, why do you think only having Nuclear power is relevant to

the
problem last night.

Absdolutely if we had been all nuclear that would not have happened.

The nukes are running more or less flat out when they are online. And
how fast can they raise load if not? When one comes back after
refueling or statutary outage they seem to take a day or two to get
up to full chat.

It was the lack of renewable generators to respond in the same way that
thermal plant can, to a sudden loss of generating power.

I wonder what the affect of Hornsea dropping off line when it's fully
built and running at its plated capacity of 6 GW... That's four times
the amount of capacity lost from the grid in this and the
Langannet/Sizewell incidents.

--
Cheers
Dave.