Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default Biden Spokesman Doubles Down After Getting Called Out ForCharlottesville Disinformation

On 08/10/2019 11:06 AM, wrote:
Remember if it wasn't for that new england sea faring culture and the
desire for cheap cotton to feed their mills, we would not have had
slaves here in the first place. Maybe we should march through new
england tearing down all of those sailor memorials.

The first slaves predated the cotton industry. Many were used in tobacco
production. Because of the labor intensiveness of separating cotton seed
from the bolls it wasn't until Whitney, another Yankee, invented the
cotton gin that cotton farming became profitable and slave owning given
a boost.

The industrial revolution created many slaves; most of them were wage
slaves. Why go to the expense of owning a slave where you can hire them
by the day and discard them when you don't need them anymore?