Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Windpower

On 10/08/2019 13:07, Pancho wrote:
Anyone see the irony of the recent power cut?

We are told by Turnip etc that wind power has no place in generating our
energy. As the wind doesn't blow 24/7.

Yes when we have a technical failure of a large windfarm, and a
conventional generator at the same time, we have a power cut which
effected millions of people.

But the nuclear lot want to put all our eggs in the one basket...

All nuclear power does not stop because th wind drops, or the sun goes down.

Once again itsd clear the plow**** is either terminally stupid or a liar
in the pay of Big Wind.

What do you mean all our eggs in one basket? I don't think they do.

Anyway, why do you think only having Nuclear power is relevant to the
problem last night.

Absdolutely if we had been all nuclear that would not have happened.

It was the lack of renewable generators to respond in the same way that
thermal plant can, to a sudden loss of generating power.

twenty-first centurys developed world went into hysterical panic over a
globally average temperature increase of a few tenths of a degree, and,
on the basis of gross exaggerations of highly uncertain computer
projections combined into implausible chains of inference, proceeded to
contemplate a rollback of the industrial age.

Richard Lindzen