Posted to rec.woodworking
Bob D[_2_] Bob D[_2_] is offline

Default Who Makes Blast Gates That Don't Get Clogged?

On Friday, August 9, 2019 at 10:05:37 AM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Friday, August 9, 2019 at 8:31:46 AM UTC-4, Jack wrote:
I tried a Smart Plug with my Echo Dot, but the results were too intermittent
for my liking. "Alexa, vacuum on" works perfectly. However, "Alexa, vacuum
off" either works immediately or results in responses like:

"Did you mean vacuum?"
"Sorry, I can't find a device named cuum"
"Sorry, I can't find a device named vac"
or no response at all.

I expect the noise with the vacuum running clogs the echo dot hearing. Maybe you should try Alexa app on your phone and use a headset.

I use Apple home app and talk to my apple watch all the time to control lighting and door in my shop.