Posted to uk.d-i-y
Arthur Ravenscroft Arthur Ravenscroft is offline

Default KItchen Ring Extending

On Friday, 9 August 2019 11:29:04 UTC+1, David WE Roberts (Google) wrote:
On Thu, 08 Aug 2019 11:35:42 -0700, Arthur Ravenscroft wrote:

I've been updating the kitchen ring and came to a point where it was
ready for testing.
Most of the sockets are ok (3 lights on the socket testing device)
I put the testing device in the left hand socket of the last one and
this gave the ok (3 lights)
When I pushed the testing device in the right hand socket it went bang
before even switching it on.
But after resetting the consumer unit the other sockets where still good
and left hand side socket was still good.

Any ideas, gents?

Thanks.

When you say "went bang" do you mean that there was an explosive noise
from the socket itself, or just that the protection tripped back at the
consumer unit?

Cheers

Dave R

---

Hi.
Sorry for delay in replying.
I'm fairly sure that the 2ndbang came from the socket and it gave off
a spark. But it seems to be working now..tester shows 3 lights.