Posted to uk.d-i-y
Robin Robin is offline

Default How do you give directions to the fire service when you do notknow what road you are on?

On 09/08/2019 16:15, NY wrote:

Even before that, I'd expect an emergency control room to have all the
paper OS maps, maybe unfolded, laminated and mounted on boards for extra
durability, for the area that they cover. (*)

I suggest it is mobile phones which cause many of the problems. Before
they came along the location of the landline was known to the 999
operator who could pass it on the the services, and most callers would
have been able to say what they had done to get /to/ the phone from
which the services could work back.

--
Robin