Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peter Johnson[_4_] Peter Johnson[_4_] is offline

Default How do you give directions to the fire service when you do not know what road you are on?

On Wed, 7 Aug 2019 22:27:22 +0100, ARW
wrote:

Field on fire next to the road between Branton and Auckley?

I spent 30 years in fire service communications and would have no
difficulty with that. Inputting locations using grid references was
never considered for the two systems I was involved with and I suspect
that the cost of putting in place a system that could accept them
would have been expensive and rarely used.