Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Weight measurement to computer input?

On Fri, 9 Aug 2019 01:25:09 +0100, John Rumm
wrote:

snip

Since it's an external ADC, you aren't limited by the internal ADC in
the Arduino's Atmel CPU.

... because they (can) 'talk' over I2C, I've since learned. ;-)

Loads of examples in Eli's tutorials, e.g:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHio...1RpUh&index=11

Yeah, I've used I2C quite a few times already and it makes attaching
an LCD display pretty easy, via an I2C interface module.

Also used it for (multiple) digital temperature sensors and have a
little routine in my library for scanning the I2C bus and revealing
device ID's.

My main reason for asking the question was in case anyone here had
practical experience of such things and could help me shortcut the
initial research bit to some degree. Better chance of something that
works reasonably well OOTB, rather than going though several 'who sold
you that then' stages. ;-)

Cheers, T i m