Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim+[_5_] Tim+[_5_] is offline

Default How do you give directions to the fire service when youdo not know what road you are on?

Lawrie Davidson wrote:
I used to drive a minibus and on one journey taking people home one lady
on the bus looked very unwell. I phoned the emergency services and said I
was on the A321 between Twyford, Berkshire
and Wokingham just south of a road called Broad Hinton. I thought this was fairly clear.
But then the operator asked where Twyford was and where Wokingham was. So
I ended up having to say that Twyford was about halfway between Reading
and Maidenhead and then the same thing for Wokingham. And all the time my
passenger was looking more and more distressed.
Can't say I was very impressed at all with the call handling aspect. Once
the ambulance services arrived they were of course excellent.

Lawrie

Matches my experience. There seems to be a complete inability to look
anything up on any sort of online mapping facility.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls