Grim

Default Cutting bottom of baseboard while it is still on the wall

"lukeo" wrote in message
I want to install laminate flooring in a room with existing vinyl. I
don't think I will have enough of a gap after I remove the vinyl so
that the baseboard can act as a 1/4" expansion gap. So..... is there a
tool that will allow me to rip a long section of baseboard or am I
stuck using the quarter rounds?

Thanks,
-Luke

There is this tool from Bosch - http://tinyurl.com/28983

It allows you to put a blade on it and hold the blade flat to the floor or a
spacer to flush trim wood.

The people I have talked to that own it have labeled it borderline gimmick.
Check a local tool rental place and you may be able to rent it. Personally,
I would remove the baseboard and reinstall or replace after the floor is
installed.

Grim