Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Forstner bits - why no 5/16, 7/16

On Thu, 8 Aug 2019 10:11:07 -0400, Jack wrote:

On 8/7/2019 9:04 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 7 Aug 2019 09:57:52 -0400, Jack wrote:

On 8/6/2019 4:31 PM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
DerbyDad03 writes:

Here's a decent rundown of the three main types of Forstner bits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeBFcCTXZkA

You must be retired to have enough time to waste watching youtube. I'd much
rather read a text description.

A picture is worth a 1000 words, a video is worth 10,000 words.

The problem is that youtube video producers insist that they just
_have_ to get in all 10,000 words. Borrring!

Yes, the video was about boring, but not all that "Borring"

I can read what he wanted to get across, far faster. There were only
a few paragraphs worth of information in the whole video. Borrring. A
very quick web search brought up all sorts of really good information
on the same subject.

There are virtually millions and millions of Youtube videos on all
subjects. Some have no words at all. Some are excellent, some suck. If
you don't have enough common sense to apply some discretion to what you
choose to watch, that's your problem.

Some are good. I enjoyed some of the Garage Woodworking (or whatever
the name) videos. Some techniques benefit from video. THis wasn't
either good, nor did it have any information in it that wasn't better
presented as text (for anyone with a reading level above sixth grade,
anyway).

This particular one referenced is not bad, and has good info in it.

Absolutely no information that benefited from video and narration only
got in the way of any information.

For
example, I learned Leon should buy a set of Wavy Fisch Forstner bits if
he doesn't already own a set or two. They are priced right for the
Fesstool market.

You didn't learn much but I could have guessed that before you
answered.

If you are bored watching youtube videos, then there is always Dr.
Phil,Judge Judy, Real Housewives, dancing with the stars or the fake
news on TV.

Not my style but go ahead. If you can't read, I guess TeeVee is the
best you can do.