Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave W[_2_] Dave W[_2_] is offline

Default How do you give directions to the fire service when you do not know what road you are on?

On Thu, 8 Aug 2019 07:53:47 +0100, "Brian Gaff"
wrote:

The thing is I seem to have no issues, but I imagine if its a sparsely
populated area, the place you are talking to may well be well away and
there is no local knowledge.
Somehow hear in London they tell me where I am if I've rung from a mobile of
recent vintage.
Obviously I've only had to do it recently about twice, but I guess some of
the larger call handling centres being not local is the main issue.
Brian

Where you are, phone masts are thick in the air, so easy to
triangulate. The OP is talking about being in the wild.
--
Dave W