Posted to uk.d-i-y
Graham.[_13_] Graham.[_13_] is offline

Default KItchen Ring Extending

Arthur Ravenscroft Wrote in message:
I've been updating the kitchen ring and came to a point
where it was ready for testing.
Most of the sockets are ok (3 lights on the socket testing device)
I put the testing device in the left hand socket of the last one and this gave the ok (3 lights)
When I pushed the testing device in the right hand socket it went bang
before even switching it on.
But after resetting the consumer unit the other sockets where still good and left hand side socket was still good.

Any ideas, gents?

Thanks.

My guess would be that the socket tester is a red herring and any
plug inserted into the RH socket, or even pressure applied to the
RHS of the plate shorted your wiring perhaps to the metal
back-box.
If it went bang as you said, aren't their any sooty deposits to
show where the failure was?
--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%