Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Whaley Bridge ballast

"dennis@home" wrote in message
On 08/08/2019 00:06, newshound wrote:

Watching those "rescue" films, I'm amazed at the "hover" of the Sea-Kings
even in obviously gusty conditions. They look just as stable as kestrels,
and even though they are massive it seems remarkable that pilots have the
reflexes to achieve this. I'd always assumed they have some sort of
inertial control system. I asked a Sea-King pilot about this at a county
show about 20 years ago and he claimed it was all manual. But perhaps he
was winding me up.

If its fly by joystick then it will probably do it automatically.

Choppers dont have joysticks, they have a collective and cyclic.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helico...light_controls

The position sensors only cost about 20p these days as they are fitted in
phones.

Thats not how you hover a chopper.
And the SeaKing is decades before phones.

Then you can use a downward looking camera as well like they do on mice.

Thats not how the Sea King hovers either.