Posted to rec.woodworking
gray_wolf gray_wolf is offline

Default Who Makes Blast Gates That Don't Get Clogged?

On 8/7/2019 5:30 PM, Bob D wrote:
On Tuesday, August 6, 2019 at 8:28:05 PM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:
I have a couple of these Woodriver blast gates in my shop:

https://www.woodcraft.com/products/2-1-2-abs-blast-gate

They tend to get clogged in the back corners such that they don't close
completely. More often than I'd like I have to get out the air hose and
blast the dust out of the innards to get them to seal. Once they are clean
they work great...for a while.

Is this common with blast gates or are there better ones that don't clog?
I need 2 1/2" gates.

Thanks!

I use the all metal gates and do not have any problem with them not closing completely. They have been in service for years. I believe I bought them at Rockler. Mine are for 4" hose. I don't know if that makes a difference.

Bob

I think larger hose would help. Probably less pressure involved so particles
wouldn't be so inclined to fill up the cracks around the gates.