Tom

Default electricity on my water pipes

"Laurent Doiron" wrote in message
Anything likethis happen to anyone?? As I worked on my water heater, I
happened to touch the copper pipes and to my surprise I jumped!!! Not

enough
to kill me but it let me know something is wrong here. Then I changed my
washer and dryer in the new room and the same thing there. I touched the
back of my washer and ZAP got me again.. Any insight on this shocking
situation anyone please?????

larry

Yes, and it was caused by one of the elements in the electric water heater

being shorted and feeding enough electicity to the water in the unit to
cause a shock at the washer/dryer and anything else that was grounded to a
water pipe. Also a big jump in the electric bill the month before it was
figured out.