Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default New door handles

My too large ones were from the now Defunct Transatlantic Plastics store in
Surbiton. I think there are at least two sizes and even two different
threaded hole sizes in some so non captive handles can be used.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"bert" wrote in message
In article ,
Murmansk writes
I was asked to replace all the door handles in someone's 1970s bungalow.

They had nasty brass lever handles and had bought a load of stainless
steel lever handles from BQ.

I discovered that the square metal shafts linking the handles of the new
ones were a tiny bit bigger than the square holes in the tubular latches
on the doors and had to replace all the latches too. The shafts fitted the
new latches perfectly.

Were latches made with smaller holes in the 70s - is this some kind of
imperial V metric thing?

BQ syndrome. Nothing ever fits even their own originals.
--
bert