Posted to uk.d-i-y
Gareth's was W7 now W10 Downstairs Computer Gareth's was W7 now W10 Downstairs Computer is offline

Default Whaley Bridge pumps...

On 05/08/2019 12:19, Gareth's was W7 now W10 Downstairs Computer wrote:
On 05/08/2019 10:37, Mike Clarke wrote:
On 05/08/2019 10:18, NY wrote:

I may have missed something in the earlier new reports, but why are
they having to *pump* water out of the reservoir? Is there a problem
with taking water out in the normal way? I think it's a canal feeder
reservoir. Can the canals not cope with a greater flow of water into
them than was originally intended?

Canals weren't designed to carry a significant flow of water.

With the exception of the LLangollen Canal which is a source of
drinking water for Manchester.

Then technically it is an aqueduct...

The Pontcysyllte Aqueduct is famous on that canal.