Al Kondo

Default Rusted mower deck, Need ideas on repair

I have a 5 year old mower that I purchased from K Mart. It has a B &
S engine that still runs great. The problem is that a part of the
deck has rusted through. It is about a 9" portion of the "well" of
the deck. I feel that it can easily function with a little support
and patching. Out of curiosity, I called the company and found out
that a replacement deck would cost $125. I believe I paid about $200
for the mower.

As a handy guy, I would like some ideas on how to go about patching
the rusted portion of the deck. I would like to know what I should
use to patch it and where I can get it from I plan to use rivets
or screws to attach the metal patch.

Al Kondo