Dave Harnish

Default Whirlpool Washer Problem.

Hey Turtle,

Let me add my $.02 here, if I may. Whirlpool's been having
some issues with their washer lid switches, especially since Uncle
Sam made them change to the sealed switch assy's.

They will often go intermittent (a word we hate!), and it sounds
like that's what may be going on with yours. I see quite a few that
just *barely* close as the lid is pushed all the way down hard.
Others, like yours, that have to be hit to close. And way too many
that have the actuator portion broken right off (probably from all
the lid-slamming grin).

Anyway, they're using two switch assy's on these right now, but
if you want to send me your model number I'll be happy to research
it for you. If it does go again, and you don't have anu little kids in
the house that'd hurt themselves with it, you can easily bypass the
switch temporarily until you get another one. I have regular jumper
plugs, but a piece of 12-2 works too.

God bless,

Dave Harnish
Dave's Repair Service
New Albany, PA
www.DavesRepair.com

570-363-2404

I'm a 32-year pro appliance technician, and love sharing what
I've learned - in a FREE Monthly Appliance Tips Newsletter.
(Back issues now posted here too!)
www.DavesRepair.com

John 3:3

"TURTLE" wrote in message

"Henry77" wrote in message

Turtle;
Your best bet is to wait until it happens again (with the understanding
that it will happen when you need the washer the most !). That way when

you
call in your washer guy he will be able to see/trace the problem. As you

may
be able to tell from the other group in the company I work for I mainly

do
heat/refrigeration/ac work but in the slow time (like now) I may be put

on
an appliance call and it is frustrating to get there and have it run

just
fine ( as per Murphy's Law - "if someone is around in a position to fix

it a
machine will not act up"). However judging from reading your post I

believe
if you have the tech sheet you should be able to trace the problem
(understand that I don't do "laundry" in my appliance calls (mainly
refrigerators,stoves/ovens/microwaves, and the occasional dishwasher)

but it
doesn't seem too bad as it looks electrical and that is where a lot of

HVAC
problem are found.

Henry

This is Turtle.

I'm just too slow on Washing machines / Microwaves / Dishwashers. I just

don't work on them to keep up with any changes.

Yea , Murphy's Law is in effect at my house all the time.

TURTLE

---