Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] stephenten@tesco.net is offline

Default All Done by Electricity 1968

The Netgear switch did hang when the temperature got excessive.

The symptom was that the even numbered ports just "froze" with the activity lights permanently on.

I got a uprated fan kit and fitted that and the problem went away. Even in the hottest day of the year a week or so ago, all the kit in the loft was fine.

However, when I bought the televes Avant 5's, two of them failed soon after where the power led started flashing.

Googling for common faults revealed that a single 16uF electrolytic cap was prone to drying out and going high ESR and they were rated to 85 Deg C within the power supply section.

So I got a pack of Panasonic FM series 105 degree extra low ESR capacitors and replaced the problem prone capacitor on all 4 televes avants.

Not had any more problems since.