Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Handheld Propane Torch Cylinder Disposal

On 8/2/2019 7:17 AM, Wade Garrett wrote:
On 7/31/19 1:08 PM, Wade Garrett wrote:
Got some really old 14 ounce handheld propane torch cylinders in the
garage that are starting to rust out on the bottom and I need to get
rid of them. Two are unused and full, one is partially used.

While it would be fun to take them out in the woods and lock and load
on them from a safe distance, that's probably not the recommended
disposal method. I was thinking of just opening the burner valve on
the partially used one in the back yard and letting all the propane
escape, then screwing the burner in to each of the others and do the
same.

Better ideas?

Yeah, silly me- posting a home repair question in the home repair
newsgroup- then being surprised at not one single response in three
days ;-)

Maybe I should have asked instead if it would make me a
Trump-supporting gay-bashing racist hater if I let the gas out of the
cylinder.

After all, I once saw two black guys walking down my street holding
hands. What did I do? I scooped up my grand kids from the front yard
and brought them inside for a half-hour of bible study, a firearms
safety demonstration and a lecture on the importance of taking
personal responsibility and the wonders of capitalism...

Â* I also have just about given up on this group . Too many nasty haters
posting political **** . Anyway , to answer your question , sure you can
just vent them to air . Won't hurt a thing . BUT if you look , the part
that's rusty may just be the "cap" they added to the bottom of some
older tanks so they'd stand up .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old