Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Fixed the leaking boiler

On 01/08/2019 19:57, Andrew wrote:
On 01/08/2019 16:25, wrote:
Given that the reconditioned hx is two years older than the original,
it will be interesting to see how long the "new" hx lasts.

I would imagine most gas engineers would take the view that is was
more "economic" to replace the whole boiler considering it is 7 years
old than to replace the hx.

So the highy-regarded German Vaillant boiler has a French-made
heat exchanger then ?. Not what I would expect.

I have seen suggestions that a large slice of European condensers use
them - presumably since they were early to market with a working design
that did not require crufted on secondary condensing HEs like you find
in a Biasi of similar vintage.

(Not sure if they are truly French any more either - ISTR they were
bought out at some point in 2010?)

--
Cheers,

John.