Tibur Waltson

Default Gibson washer won't drain.

"Dan O."

I've never heard of a transmission doing the opposite (I don't even
see how it's possible). Are you sure you don't have your directions
mixed up?

I'm sure my directions is correct. The top loading washer's motor
pauses for a couple minutes and then spins clockwise or to the
right. At this moment it should be pumping water out but instead it
makes a gargle sound inside the water pump and also agitates
funny. The loose ground wire is put back in and still no change.

Whenever it decides to spin, water isn't pump out first. The
water pump was removed and inspected and it works normally.
Any ideas?

The most important 'technical stuff' you could provide would be the
model number off the machine.

Good tip. I will locate the # ASAP.

If you did that when the tub was full of water, you may have
to remove it and reinstall it once the tub is completely drained

I've empty the tub and plug it back in but I'll make note of this.

Thanks.
Tibur