TURTLE

Default Whirlpool Washer Problem.

"Bob Urz" wrote in message ...

TURTLE wrote:
This is Turtle.

i have a Whirlpool Washing machine Standard with 3 or 4 different wash cycles , No digital but just regular type, and big / med

/
small load selector and large capasity model. It's about 7 or 8 years old and had a new timer and water pump put on it about 1

year
ago. It worked good up till today. It just stopped doing anything at all. then i tried it again this evening and it will start

let the water fill the tub for about 1 to 3 second and then stop all together. You push it back in and pull it back out and it

will
start to fill for about 1 to 3 second and then stop doing anything. I said to myself well I'll call my washer machine man in the
morning to come see. I slammed the lide down on it to give it something to think about. The Damn thing went back to working and

runs
like a charm now. i run 2 loads of clothes now and it is running real good. Here is my questions.

1) Do i still call my washer machine man to look at it ?

2) Do i wait till it quiets again ?

3) Just buy a Model that you don't have to slam the lide on to make it run ?

4) Do you just have to slam the lide on washer every 7 years or so ?

5) How often should you change washers and drier out ? both are Whilpool.

I don't have time to play with it and the washer machine man does charge reasoniable rate and knows what he is doing. I just

don't
work on washers and drier and I'm not starting now. I do HVAC and Refrigeration work and i don't like working on washers and

driers.

TURTLE

Use it until it dies! My whirlpool dryer broke the door switch tab.
Until i get a chance to tear it down, a simple wad jamming the
switch open brought it back to life. You just don't open the door
when the cycle timer is still running.

Now, you said you replaced the timer about a year ago. This may be
the key. I know of your technical abilities because your one of the
most common sense guys over on HVAC news group. You should write
a book. SO, what might the timer change have to do with the problem?
Chances are one of the spade connectors or such lost tension or were
slightly loose from the last timer change. You slamming the door
or such made them make contact again. I know your not ambitious
about doing it, but getting access to the back and re seating and
possibly crimping the spades for a little more tension might
do the trick. Just don't vent any R-H20 or the EPA will be on ya....

When it gets right down too it, the controls circuits of a washer are
not that much different from working on HVAC. Some of you supply houses
probably carry appliance parts too. Just hope you don't need any
sheet metal to fix it

Bob

This is Turtle.

I have been thinking about jumping on it but these commercial walk-in coolers and freezer are going wild as the warmer weather is
stating up. It does sound like something loose and could be a spade loose. For now I will wait till it screws up and call my man to
just come fix it.

Hey I got about a little less than a 100 sheet of metal at a good price but called back today and ask about some different sizes for
my sheet metal man to do some differenct type work and the warehouse told me what 22 Ga. sheet metal was and I like to have had a
heart attack right there on the phone. They wanted 2 times what the metal was 3 week ago. I told them thank you anyway but I will be
using the 24 Ga. stuff I have for that job.

Yea, i better watch out blowing down any H2O system for they are getting hard on the H2O blowing down of units.

TURTLE

---