Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default WELL WATER TANK AIR RELEASE VALVE

On Wednesday, July 31, 2019 at 3:44:06 PM UTC-4, D Forr wrote:
replying to Pat, D Forr wrote:
You are incorrect. A Bladderless Pressure tank is not common but they do have
a pressure relief system. The pump is designed to push air into the system so
the tank does not fill completely with water, however, when the air builds up
to a certain level the pressure is suppose to be released. I am having the
same issue and can't find this relief valve anywhere.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...e-1116104-.htm

Never saw one with an air pressure relief valve. I have seen various
types with air level controls that work by letting air into the suction
side of the pump whenever the water is above the level of the control
and the control is mounted in the middle to upper part of the tank.
That keeps the water to air ratio correct.
It has to respond to the water level, not the pressure. You could have
60 PSI in the tank with it all air or with it 99% water, ie water logged.
The pressure would still be 60 PSI.