Posted to alt.home.repair
Wade Garrett Wade Garrett is offline

Default Handheld Propane Torch Cylinder Disposal

Got some really old 14 ounce handheld propane torch cylinders in the
garage that are starting to rust out on the bottom and I need to get rid
of them. Two are unused and full, one is partially used.

While it would be fun to take them out in the woods and lock and load on
them from a safe distance, that's probably not the recommended disposal
method. I was thinking of just opening the burner valve on the partially
used one in the back yard and letting all the propane escape, then
screwing the burner in to each of the others and do the same.

Better ideas?

--
Say what you will about The South but no one retires and moves up north€¦