Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Wade[_2_] David Wade[_2_] is offline

Default WiFi Calling.

On 31/07/2019 09:18, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
The Natural Philosopher expressed precisely :
WiFi Calling will activate on phines that support it and mobile
networks that support it when
(a) there is an adequate wifi signal
(b) the mobile signal strength drops below a given level.

My Iphone supports it, but is there any point in my turning it on??

Depends

I have fibre wifi at home, which my Iphone is connected to. I use a
Plusnet (EE) for my mobile, on a 3Gb, unlimited calls, unlimited texts
contact and a good EE signal at home.

Well if you turn it on it will work

Its probably not useful at your home, but it IS useful for foreign
travel where e.g. you have acess to airport or hotel wifi, but dont want
to incur roaming charges. Go 'airplane mode' and turn wifi on.

From what I read on the EE web page, it doesn't work when roaming..
Any idea why?

Dave