Default Fitting aerial on roof - how to get up there! - THANKS

"David Aldridge" wrote

THANKS FOR EVERYONES HELP!

I have decided that I'd rather be safe, so I'll pay someone to put one

up -
I've had a quote of £105 for the complete job including a high gain aerial
for DTV and all the bits and running the cable into my lounge which seems
reasonable.

It does sound so - and a wise choice, I think.

Despite my amusing memories, there can be a very serious side when
inexperienced people climb ladders or fail to ensure they have the right
safety equipment. My brother was painting an upstairs window when the
ladder slipped. He landed on his feet but pain later forced him to go to
the hospital. He'd cracked 3 vertebrae and had to spend six weeks flat on
his back in hospital.

If that wasn't bad enough, there was a work to rule of hospital staff at the
time. That meant his care wasn't as good as it might usually have been and
every visitor had the unnerving experience of walking through a vocal, not
particularly friendly, picket line - some ancillary staff seemed to think
patients' visitors should be banned in support of their pay claim. That was
very frightening for his small children who badly needed to visit him often
for the reassurance that Daddy, who had suddenly disappeared from their
world, was ok.

He recovered fully. His son, aged about three at the time and a very
sensitive child, had seen the accident and the consequences, and it took him
far longer to recover from the distress and the nightmares that one day
Daddy wouldn't come back.

Barbara