Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default smart meters

On 29/07/2019 23:14, Michael Chare wrote:
On 29/07/2019 16:12, Broadback wrote:
Should be called dumb meters. Being rather silly I ignore the advice
here and opted for one. It is very flaky at the least. trying to get
sense for Eon, the owners is a waste of time, withe one goes around in
circles they ask you to phone them, as far as I am concerned I have
spent enough time, and am now sick of it. Can I just ignore it (it is
failing at the moment). Alternatively can I have it removed?

In what way is it failing? The installers usually go away again when
they discover that there is no networks signal at the electricity meter,
but that doesn't stop them mithering you incessantly. Targets must be
met to avoid penalties even if the kit being fitted doesn't work!

In theory of course you need never look at it as it will inform your
supplier about your usage.

You could ask Eon if they would be willing to replace it with a dumb
meter. There would almost certainly be a charge.

Changing your supplier to any other will usually have that effect.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown