Posted to uk.d-i-y
Swer Swer is offline

Default Noise early on a sunday, and why we cannot make silent tools

"harry" wrote in message
On Tuesday, 30 July 2019 05:14:02 UTC+1, Swer wrote:
On 29/07/2019 12:08, NY wrote:
"dennis@home" wrote in message
That's why there are few roadworks in operation on Sundays, they
can't
make a noise.

That doesn't explain the other six days of the week when many miles of
motorway are coned off but there is only work being done in one small
part (or maybe none at all). It's probably easier for them to pay a
crew
to come in and cone off the whole length that they will be working on,
rather than moving the cones to the bit they are working on that day.

I'm not sure what the official rules about DIY noise are in this
country,
but I believe some countries such as Germany and Switzerland are very
strict both about DIY noise and about where you wash your car.

Cant evenb hang your washing out on a Sunday in Germany

There is no legislation that says that. And no legislation
that says you can only do that on the other days either.

All coming with "Ever closer union".

Nope, they did that stuff before the EEC was even invented.