Eric Tonks

Default Home Depot not for Do-It-Yourself'ers?

I have learned over the past number of years one cardinal rule when
purchasing merchandise from a store, wholesaler or whatever:- NEVER accept a
carton that has signs of been opened, check the seals and tape for evidence
of tampering. If you see that it has been opened, either refuse to accept it
or open and check everything right there on their counter or floor, it is a
lot easier than making a trip back and having to try to explain what
happened.

"Greg O" wrote in message

"Andy Asberry" wrote in message You can't

just
go by the labels and bar codes on the packaging.

My wife bought a dishwasher from HD for our new house. They delivered
it. I checked the model number and color on the unopened box. When I
started to install it the next day, there was pipe dope on the
plumbing connection and no drain hose end or interior packing.. I
called her to tell her I thought it was used. In the course of
conversation, she mentioned something about the push buttons and
indicator lights. Well, the one I 'm looking at has a single knob; no
buttons or lights. The model number on the attached metal tag didn't
match what we had bought.

The HD store manager was pretty skeptical when I explained what I had.
Evidently someone had switched dish washers. They did a good job of
gluing the box back. I suspect he thought I was the one who switched
them. They did exchange it.

LOL!!
Reminds me of a couple years back when I bought an un-assembled office
chair. It was brought out in a box that had been opened, but taped up

again.
It was the last one they had, so I took it. I got it home, opened it up

and
started to assemble it. first thing I noticed was a tear in the seat, then
the worn casters. Looking it all over, near I as I could tell, someone
bought a new chair, then boxed up their old one, and "returned" it to the
store!
They really gave me a second look when I returned it, explaining the
problem!
Greg