Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Wade[_2_] David Wade[_2_] is offline

Default smart meters

On 29/07/2019 21:05, Brian Gaff wrote:
The problems might actually be due to these powerline adaptors interfering
with the electronics. They just need to put a ruddy great capacitor across
the supply!

Brian

It appears that the act of testing them in the factory breaks them. Ask
for an un-tested one....

https://community.bulb.co.uk/discuss...k-in-the-field

or

http://tiny.cc/683faz

Dave

-- ----- -- This newsgroup posting comes to you directly from... The
Sofa of Brian Gaff... Blind user, so no
pictures please Note this Signature is meaningless.!
wrote in message
On Monday, 29 July 2019 16:13:02 UTC+1, Broadback wrote:
Should be called dumb meters. Being rather silly I ignore the advice
here and opted for one. It is very flaky at the least. trying to get
sense for Eon, the owners is a waste of time, withe one goes around in
circles they ask you to phone them, as far as I am concerned I have
spent enough time, and am now sick of it. Can I just ignore it (it is
failing at the moment). Alternatively can I have it removed?

well don't make your post any vaguer.