Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Green Chris Green is offline

Default Cable that looks like SWA but maybe isn't

Chris Green wrote:
newshound wrote:
A magnet will tell you if it is armoured.

Absolutely right! Yes, it's SWA (well, a magnet sticks to it).

So, is it pre-metric then as the diameter doesn't seem to correspond
with the sizes given for metric SWA. It measures, as I said, about
23mm. 16sq mm would be about 21.5mm and 25sq mm about 25.5mm.

By the way, I need to know the size of the cable because I'm moving
the CU and will need to extend the incomer. I'll be crimping the
add-on so need to get the correct sized tube crimps (I have a
hydraulic crimp tool).

--
Chris Green
ยท