Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default I LOVE THERMAL MASS

On 28/07/2019 22:51, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Fri, 26 Jul 2019 19:34:44 +0100, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

To help cool the house, I added a large fan on the bedroom window sill,
in front of the open window.

So drawing the hotter external air into the house, yes that'll really
cool it down...

To keep a house as cool as possible shut the windows and draw the
curtains on the south ish facing sides. If it cools down enough
outside in the evening/over night open windows and open the curtians
on the north ish facing sides.

The thermal mass here also did it's stuff, inside only got to the
very low 20's C with it pushing 30 C outside.

You must be further north. It was over 35C here for sure. And I was in
the mid 20s inside