Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default Nice fire place plastering

On 28/07/2019 20:58, Brian Gaff wrote:
Ah economy of plastering brings bumpy finish. Having said that most of the
walls in this 1930s terrace are wobbly tilted, bumpy or curved near corners.
I don't think accuracy was strived for at the time in 1939.
Brian

In my 1905 (ish) house the plaster often curves outwards at the top and
bottom of a 2.8m high internal wall by around an 25mm. No corner seems
to be 90 degrees. Everything seems to have done by eye without using a
straight edge, spirit level or set square. When the windows were
recently replaced it was discovered that the window pillars were not
truly vertical.