SB

Default Home Depot not for Do-It-Yourself'ers?

Well, I throw this along with signing for packages.

Once you sign it, you've accepted the parcel as is.
What people normally don't do is inspect it.
I don't know if by inspecting you can open the box without signing for it
(since it's still the post offices property at that point) but once it's
signed it's yers.

Some might have a 7day notification thingy....

As far as getting advice Home Depot workers....well....I think most of these
guys are DIY'ers. The young ones might be (if they're not students) and the
older ones might be retired contracters...but really, how much experience
can you expect these guys to have over professionals.

It's like shopping at a flea market....ya get what ya pay for....so inspect
it before you drop the cash!
It may seem like you're being a pain having the guys open the box for
inspection....but hey, it's yer gas and time! Sure it's their time....but
they're paid by the hour anyhow....

wow....am I ever longwinded today....

"George Wenzel" wrote in message
In article ,
says...
You're the one who is refusing to take responsibility - you signed for
the sink, despite it being the wrong item.

You may be right, but it depends on the labeling.

I disagree. I don't think the labeling should make any difference
(although I agree that clear labelling can minimize these kinds of
problems). Checking a model number or UPC code against what's on the
order sheet is NOT complicated -- just put the numbers side-by-side, and
see if they match.

Regards,

George Wenzel
--