TURTLE

Default Home Depot not for Do-It-Yourself'ers?

"Joseph" wrote in message om...
Just got done talking to my local Home Depot (for the second time)
regarding a foul-up on their part. I'm redoing my kitchen as the
first part of a remodel of the entire house. Anyways, I ordered a
tile-in sink from Home Depot to butt up against the new tile
countertop I'm putting in (no lip on the sink). The order says
tile-in sink. They sent me an undermount sink. The problem here is
that these two types of sinks are almost identical (at least in the
model I purchased). Same finish, same size...just that the undermount
has holes drilled that are too big for the faucets I purchased (they
dropped right through when I tried to install them).

They admit the screw-up was their fault. They also have told me that
there is no faucet made that will fit the holes the size of the
undermount sink. However, since they did not do the installation,
they will do nothing for me other than replace the sink with a
tile-in. The undermount sink currently resides in the middle of my
tiled countertop (cemented it).

The store manager has been no help in resolving this situation in an
equitable manner. No refund/replacement without the sink (torn out of
my counter) and no money/credit towards the removal of the existing
sink.

Can anyone who's run into a similar situation give me any help on ways
to get Home Depot to do what's right here? I'm a do-it-yourself'er
simply trying to make my dollars stretch. I would like to believe
that the home supply stores out there understand that. But when they
refuse to take responsibility for screw-ups like this, it makes me
wonder what a do-it-yourself'er is supposed to do.

- Joseph

This is Turtle.

When you deal with Home Depot , your dealing with a discount supply house or another word for it is Wholesale supply house. I'm in
the HVAC / R business and I buy the equipment from the Wholesale supply house and i do get the equipment at a very good discount
verses buying from a retail supplier. Home Depot is a wholesaler of retail supplies and they are taking the same stands as a
wholesaler supply house like I buy from. If you want to buy at wholesale prices, expect to be treated like me at my wholesaler
supply house. If I order a piece of equipment from them and it is wrong like the wrong seer rating and I install it. I call them and
tell them that it was the wrong seer rating. They will say well bring it back and get a new one with the right seer rating. I can
ask them to help with the added cost of re installing the right equipment and they will tell me this. We are in the wholesaling of
equipment and not in the installation of the equipment. You are responciable to see that the equipment is correct before you install
it. We will only replace anything that is defective or the wrong type and installing the equipment is your baby.

Home Depot , Low's Discount Stores, and Wall Marts is all Wholesale suppliers. Wholesaler suppliers are a far cry from a retail
store where you would want them to do something about this.

The Public is just now understanding the Discount supply houses / Wholesale suppliers ways of doing business. If your going to Do It
Yourself then you are the contractor and You better know what your going to do way before you start. I'm not saing anything good or
bad here about this problem , but letting you in on the wholesale business and how it works.

TURTLE

---