Greg O

Default Home Depot not for Do-It-Yourself'ers?

"Andy Asberry" wrote in message You can't just
go by the labels and bar codes on the packaging.

My wife bought a dishwasher from HD for our new house. They delivered
it. I checked the model number and color on the unopened box. When I
started to install it the next day, there was pipe dope on the
plumbing connection and no drain hose end or interior packing.. I
called her to tell her I thought it was used. In the course of
conversation, she mentioned something about the push buttons and
indicator lights. Well, the one I 'm looking at has a single knob; no
buttons or lights. The model number on the attached metal tag didn't
match what we had bought.

The HD store manager was pretty skeptical when I explained what I had.
Evidently someone had switched dish washers. They did a good job of
gluing the box back. I suspect he thought I was the one who switched
them. They did exchange it.

LOL!!
Reminds me of a couple years back when I bought an un-assembled office
chair. It was brought out in a box that had been opened, but taped up again.
It was the last one they had, so I took it. I got it home, opened it up and
started to assemble it. first thing I noticed was a tear in the seat, then
the worn casters. Looking it all over, near I as I could tell, someone
bought a new chair, then boxed up their old one, and "returned" it to the
store!
They really gave me a second look when I returned it, explaining the
problem!
Greg