zxcvbob

Default Home Depot not for Do-It-Yourself'ers?

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

"George Wenzel" wrote in message

Checking a model number or UPC code against what's on the
order sheet is NOT complicated -- just put the numbers side-by-side, and
see if they match.

Regards,

But if the person writing the order put the wrong number on the sheet, the
wrong part would match. The order may read "model 2000016" and the carton
reads the same, but it should read model 2000016T" he would not know that.
If the OP depended on the person at HD to write it up properly and the
description does not specify the style, it is not easily caught. Since
neither of us saw the paperwork, the labels, or the difference, we are just
guessing. For that reason, we cannot assign blame properly.
Ed

That's the great thing about Usenet. We can blame anyone we want.

Best regards, ;-)
Bob